5% less Russian Tourists will Rest in Bulgaria this Year
At the moment there is a 5% drop in Russian holiday registrations in Bulgaria compared to the same period last year. This was announced by Minister of Tourism Nikolina Angelkova to journalists before the start of the fifth annual meeting of the National Tourism Board, quoted by Darik.
"This is not a final figure, and I think we will have a drop of no more than 3-4%, a maximum of 5%," she said. Angelkova added that the situation is dynamic and said she has Russian assurances that Bulgaria remains at the top five as a preferred destination for Russian tourists.
A great influence on the choice of a holiday country for Russian tourists is the price offered, and in this respect Turkey is very much in competition with us, the minister said.
Angelkova also said that summer workers will be hired, mainly from Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus. There are also people from Asia, but significantly less, the minister said. Last year, seasonal workers were 3,200 and this year they are expected to be between 5,000-5,400, she added, and specified that the estimates are based on employers' queries.
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Insists on 50% Increase in Finances for Advertising
- » National Tourism Council Will Meet in "Golden Sands"
- » Heavy Traffic at Kapitan Andreevo Border Checkpoint
- » Explore the Tomb of Tutankhamun in Burgas, Bulgaria
- » Nikolina Angelkova: The Price of 70 BGN per Umbrella Is not Okay
- » 5 Interesting Food Festivals from Around the World