5% less Russian Tourists will Rest in Bulgaria this Year
At the moment there is a 5% drop in Russian holiday registrations in Bulgaria compared to the same period last year. This was announced by Minister of Tourism Nikolina Angelkova to journalists before the start of the fifth annual meeting of the National Tourism Board, quoted by Darik.
"This is not a final figure, and I think we will have a drop of no more than 3-4%, a maximum of 5%," she said. Angelkova added that the situation is dynamic and said she has Russian assurances that Bulgaria remains at the top five as a preferred destination for Russian tourists.
A great influence on the choice of a holiday country for Russian tourists is the price offered, and in this respect Turkey is very much in competition with us, the minister said.
Angelkova also said that summer workers will be hired, mainly from Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus. There are also people from Asia, but significantly less, the minister said. Last year, seasonal workers were 3,200 and this year they are expected to be between 5,000-5,400, she added, and specified that the estimates are based on employers' queries.
- » The Burgas - Istanbul Cruise Starts from July 1 Next Year
- » Tourists Will Pay a Tax for a Hotel Stay in Turkey
- » 4 not so Popular Ski Runs in Bulgaria
- » Wizz Air Recognized as the Best Low Cost Airline in Bulgaria and the Most Preferred Passenger Choice for the Third Consecutive Year
- » Four Children Will Travel to their Dream City with Turkish Airlines
- » Lufthansa Employees Have Canceled the 24-Hour Strike Planned for Today