The Bulgarian Army will have New Combat Equipment
Parliament gave a "green light" for the purchase of new combat equipment. The two priority projects for the modernization of the army, proposed by a decision of the Council of Ministers were supported 151 MPs, 7 MPs were against, and 1 abstaining .
One project is to buy basic combat equipment. The government plans to do this in two stages, with 150 armored vehicles for three battalion infantry groups being acquired, and the second one for systems and additional equipment, as well as training for the squad. The time interval for realization is 12 years, the estimated price is about 1.464 billion levs.
The other - for a new type of combat aircraft - provides for the acquisition of 16 new combat aircraft in two stages. It is planned to purchase not less than eight aircraft in the first stage, for about 1.8 billion leva. The amount is also for ground handling, team training, three-year initial integrated logistics support.
Minister Karakachanov: The money for the modernization of the Bulgarian army is necessary
Kornelia Ninova argues the support of BSP because the projects fulfill both conditions. First, the money for modernization does not exceed 2% of GDP, as suggested by the Minister of Defense Krassimir Karakachanov. Secondly, to engage the Bulgarian defense industry companies through offshore cooperation - this has also been set in the projects.
- » U.S. and Bulgarian Navy Servicemen Participated in Joint Exercise in Varna
- » Israeli F-16S: A Possible Upgrade to the Bulgarian Air Force
- » US Plans to Upgrade Military Bases in Romania, Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Navy Will Receive New Motorboats for $2 million as a Donation from US
- » Trump Gives $717 Billion Defense Bill a Green Light.
- » US, Allies Train for Enemies Big and Small in Bulgaria