Qatar Seeks Full Membership in NATO
OHA (Sputnik) - Qatar considers the option of NATO membership, as the country effectively cooperates with the alliance, Qatari Defense Minister Khalid bin Mohammad Al Attiyah said.
"Qatar effectively cooperates with NATO, this cooperation is developing day by day and may eventually lead to deploying some unit or special NATO center on the territory of Qatar. As for NATO membership… we do have ambitions to seek full membership of NATO if the alliance expands its partnership," Attiyah said in an interview with the defense ministry's magazine.
The minister noted that the alliance could assist Qatar in fighting against terrorism and could be a guarantor of stability in the region.
In March, Qatari armed forces signed an agreement with NATO on military and security cooperation.
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Defence Opens the Bids for a Multi-patrol Vessel
- » Fincantieri, Two Others Bid in Bulgarian Patrol Ship Tender
- » By the End of 2018, the Military Troops Arrived in the Bulgaria Army were More than those who Left
- » Lockheed Martin Promised a Base for Repairs to the F-16 in Bulgaria
- » Three Shipbuilders to Apply in Bulgarian $567M Patrol Vessel Tender
- » Bulgaria will Strengthen Security Along the Border with Greece