Heavy Rainfall in Varna, Houses without Roofs
40 houses are without roofs in Varna after the rainfall yesterday. Within an hour and a half there was 71 liters per square meter, which is more than the monthly rate.
"20 houses were left without roofs on the territory of Aksakovo Municipality, 12 houses in Kumanovo and 8 in Klimentovo. And today we will continue to register the damage. One-time allowances of BGN 325 will be granted. Only one family is left without a home, but a place to reside is provided. So we do not have people without a home at the moment. " This was stated by the regional governor of Varna Stoyan Pasev in front of "Hi, Bulgaria" under NOVA.
The rain yesterday flooded the city center. In the surrounding villages, however, there was a little tornado and there are still problems.
Twitter user @Varnasummer showing the aftermath of the storm
The rain has caused serious damage to the infrastructure of the Bulgarian railways.
"From the huge amount of rain that was poured yesterday in Varna, the canal passing under the train rails could not hold all the water. Today, we need to gather headquarters to assess how rainwater can be discharged. And maybe we have to think about another route on the canal, "said the district governor of Varna.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny in Bulgaria, Day Temperatures Rising to 12°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: New Week Brings along Sunny Days, Temperatures Typical for Autumn
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Clear and Cold, Temperatures Between 8-15 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Clouds and Rain Today
- » Bulgaria: 2.7 Magnitute Earthquake Registered in Blagoevgrad Region
- » Strong 5.2 Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Northern Macedonia