Temperature record: 34, 2 degrees in Ruse, Northeastern Bulgaria
A maximum of 34.2 degrees in the shade was measured in the late afternoon in Rousse, which is a record for that date, the hydrometeorological station in the Danube city reported.
From there, scientists explained that statistics have been running since 1961. So far the warmest temperature on June 1 was in 1962 when the thermometers reported 33.2 degrees. The coldest weather for that day was in 1997 - 8.6 degrees.
- » Mostly unny this Morning, more Clouds with Local Rainfall Forecast Later Today
- » Massive 5.2 Earthquake Hits the Dominican Republic
- » 'Fat' traces confirm weird fossils were earliest animals
- » Ghana Flooding Kills 34 During Heavy Rains
- » Toll Jumps to 29 in Central Philippine Landslide
- » Tornado Batters Area near Canadian Capital of Ottawa