Temperature record: 34, 2 degrees in Ruse, Northeastern Bulgaria
A maximum of 34.2 degrees in the shade was measured in the late afternoon in Rousse, which is a record for that date, the hydrometeorological station in the Danube city reported.
From there, scientists explained that statistics have been running since 1961. So far the warmest temperature on June 1 was in 1962 when the thermometers reported 33.2 degrees. The coldest weather for that day was in 1997 - 8.6 degrees.
- » Alaska Set a Record High Temperature and a Record Amount of Snowfall in the Same Day
- » Weather Forecast: Foggy and Cloudy
- » The Dirtiest Air in the World Is in New Delhi
- » Brussels Increases the Fine for Throwing a Cigarette Butt from 50 to 200 Euros
- » Greenland's Largest Airport Is Closing due to Climate Change
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Cloudy with Moderate Wind