Bulgarians Pay Tribute to Botev and the Dead Heroes of Bulgaria
On today's date (June 2nd), we pay tribute to one of the greatest Bulgarians in our history - Hristo Botev, as well as to the heroes who gave their lives for the freedom of Bulgaria.
Hristo Botev was born in Kalofer in the family of the teacher Botyo Petkov and Ivanka Boteva. He was a Bulgarian poet and national revolutionary.
Traditionally just at 12:00, the sirens were released in the country and two minutes of silence occured in honor of the Bulgarian heroes. When a signal was given to all pedestrians and vehicles in the country (except trains) every the movement on the streets and squares stopped.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » Plane Crashes While Landing in Kerala, India
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergancy Declared in Harmanli, Haskovo, Dimitrovgrad and Topolovgrad, Part of Maritsa Motorway is Closed
- » An Ophthalmologist from Bulgaria Has Been Nominated for the Most Beloved Doctor in Austria
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects
- » Two Dozen Green Turtles Rescued from Poachers in Bali