Malaysia Has Asked Residents to Help with Paying Its Huge Debt
Malaysia's sovereign debt has reached such an extent that the government has been forced to seek help from its citizens to repay it. It launched a fundraising campaign. Over 1.7 million dollars were collected in just one day, according to Business Insider.
The fund created is called Taubung Narrarn Malaysia or the Foundation for the Future. The donations are voluntary.
"The Malaysians have taken their patriotism to another level, with their willingness to participate with some of their funds, they are helping to rebuild this nation," the finance minister said.
Malaysia's debt is equivalent to a colossal $ 251 billion, about 80% of its gross domestic product.
- » BGN 1000 Fine for an Aggressive Dog without a Muzzle in Bulgaria
- » EC Approves National Beekeeping Program for 2020-2022
- » Medvedev: Rosatom Will Participate in the Choice of Investor for Belene NPP
- » The EC Appointed Bulgarian as Head of the EC Representation in Croatia
- » National Road Safety Coordination Center is Established
- » Tsvetka Karayancheva: There is Great Potential For Deepening the Bulgarian-Russian Relations in the Field of Energy