Malaysia Has Asked Residents to Help with Paying Its Huge Debt
Malaysia's sovereign debt has reached such an extent that the government has been forced to seek help from its citizens to repay it. It launched a fundraising campaign. Over 1.7 million dollars were collected in just one day, according to Business Insider.
The fund created is called Taubung Narrarn Malaysia or the Foundation for the Future. The donations are voluntary.
"The Malaysians have taken their patriotism to another level, with their willingness to participate with some of their funds, they are helping to rebuild this nation," the finance minister said.
Malaysia's debt is equivalent to a colossal $ 251 billion, about 80% of its gross domestic product.
- » UK’s Labour party ponders supporting new Brexit referendum
- » A Limit of 90 km/h is Introduced on Trakia Highway between Chirpan and Stara Zagora
- » Bannon Promises Right-wing 'War Rooms' to Fight European Elections
- » RSF Condemns the Arrest of Two Investigative Journalists in Bulgaria
- » Heating Prices in Sofia will Rise by About 8% from October 1
- » Border police: Heavy Traffic on Kulata, Kapitan Andreevo and Lesovo Checkpoints