Malaysia Has Asked Residents to Help with Paying Its Huge Debt
Malaysia's sovereign debt has reached such an extent that the government has been forced to seek help from its citizens to repay it. It launched a fundraising campaign. Over 1.7 million dollars were collected in just one day, according to Business Insider.
The fund created is called Taubung Narrarn Malaysia or the Foundation for the Future. The donations are voluntary.
"The Malaysians have taken their patriotism to another level, with their willingness to participate with some of their funds, they are helping to rebuild this nation," the finance minister said.
Malaysia's debt is equivalent to a colossal $ 251 billion, about 80% of its gross domestic product.
- » Fitch Agency Has Confirmed Bulgaria's BBB Rating with a Stable Outlook
- » Protests Against High Fuel Prices Continue in Shumen
- » Bulgarian Anti-corruption Commission Seeks to Seize Property of Former Minister of Economy
- » Serbia Grateful to Bulgaria for its Vote in Energy Community
- » Bulgaria’s Deputy Prime Minister Valeri Simeonov Resigned
- » Bulgarian Drivers Could Buy E-vignettes Online from December 17