Malaysia Has Asked Residents to Help with Paying Its Huge Debt
Malaysia's sovereign debt has reached such an extent that the government has been forced to seek help from its citizens to repay it. It launched a fundraising campaign. Over 1.7 million dollars were collected in just one day, according to Business Insider.
The fund created is called Taubung Narrarn Malaysia or the Foundation for the Future. The donations are voluntary.
"The Malaysians have taken their patriotism to another level, with their willingness to participate with some of their funds, they are helping to rebuild this nation," the finance minister said.
Malaysia's debt is equivalent to a colossal $ 251 billion, about 80% of its gross domestic product.
- » North Macedonia Says Police Prevent 'Terrorist Act'
- » The Traditional Munich Security Meeting Continues With the Participation of the Bulgarian PM
- » The Spanish Prime Minister Announced Snap Parliamentary Elections
- » Bulgaria's Unemployment Rate For Q4 is 4.7%
- » Bulgarian President President Rumen Radev Will Participate in a Meeting with the Business in Haskovo.
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Participated in the Conference on Peace and Security in the Middle East