The Repair of the 22 km Stretch of Trakia Highway is Completed
The repair in the lanes for Burgas of 22 km from Trakia highway in the section between Plovdiv and Stara Zagora is completed. The movement between the 134th and 156th kilometer moves to the repaired lanes for Burgas and work starts immediately in the direction of Sofia. The aim is to complete the construction works as soon as possible before the start of the active tourist season and to make travel on Trakia highway comfortable and safe, the Travel Agency announced.
On average 24 hours a day, 23,952 motor vehicles pass in the section between Plovdiv and Stara Zagora. Of these, 18 370 are passenger cars, 5 209 are trucks, and 210 are buses.
The 22-kilometer section has not been repaired since it was commissioned in 1995. The construction works include pavement repairs, drainage activities, new horizontal markings, restraint systems, restoration of road signs.
At the moment, the traffic of the cars in the repaired section is transferred in two ways to the lanes to Burgas and the heavy goods vehicles pass through a bypass route: from the Plovdiv Iztok road junction at the 133 th km of Trakia Motorway on I-8 and II -66 to "Plodovitovo" junction at 165 km and vice versa.
- » The State Provides Sofia's Emergency Hospital Pirogov BGN 4.36 Million for Modernization
- » Bulgarian National Bank Releases New 100 BGN Banknote (Video)
- » The Trams on Graf Ignatiev will be Launched on December 20
- » Ticket Prices for the Zoo in Sofia may Increase
- » Bulgarian Government Will Discuss a New Minimum Wage For the Country Today
- » President Radev Vetoes Amendments to Penal Code