The Repair of the 22 km Stretch of Trakia Highway is Completed
The repair in the lanes for Burgas of 22 km from Trakia highway in the section between Plovdiv and Stara Zagora is completed. The movement between the 134th and 156th kilometer moves to the repaired lanes for Burgas and work starts immediately in the direction of Sofia. The aim is to complete the construction works as soon as possible before the start of the active tourist season and to make travel on Trakia highway comfortable and safe, the Travel Agency announced.
On average 24 hours a day, 23,952 motor vehicles pass in the section between Plovdiv and Stara Zagora. Of these, 18 370 are passenger cars, 5 209 are trucks, and 210 are buses.
The 22-kilometer section has not been repaired since it was commissioned in 1995. The construction works include pavement repairs, drainage activities, new horizontal markings, restraint systems, restoration of road signs.
At the moment, the traffic of the cars in the repaired section is transferred in two ways to the lanes to Burgas and the heavy goods vehicles pass through a bypass route: from the Plovdiv Iztok road junction at the 133 th km of Trakia Motorway on I-8 and II -66 to "Plodovitovo" junction at 165 km and vice versa.
- » Sofia's District Heating Company Says the Network is Ready for Winter
- » Sofia Hosts Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region
- » Old Car Tax Increase was Adopted at First Reading in Bulgarian Parliament
- » Bulgaria is the most Competitive Economy in the Balkans
- » The Bulgarian Government Approved the Draft Disability Act
- » NFSB will Seek the Resignation of Volen Siderov as Chair of United Patriots’ PG