Facebook Continues to Lose Its Most Important Audience
Facebook has a lot of problems this year, but one of them can have much more serious consequences in the long term. Pew Research Center survey shows a large outflow of the most important audience of the social network - teenagers.
In 2015, the survey showed that 71% of American teenagers between 13 years old and 17 years old used Facebook. Now the number that responded the same was 51%.
The data shows another interesting division. Generally, teenagers use the same online platforms regardless of their demographics. However, one of the bright exceptions is Facebook. It turned out that teenagers from lower income families use Facebook more compared to their peers from larger-income families.
Where do the young people go? Currently, the main online destination, where most teenagers live, is YouTube. Around 85% of the young people say they are using the video portal. This seems logical to the background and to the increasing popularity of the messengers. On the second place in popularity is Instagram -72%, followed by Snapchat by 69%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Voter Turnout at 17.6% by 13 pm: Survey
- » Europe Gaming Market Value In 2022
- » The Bulgarian-Greek Gas Connection was officially launched in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Burgas Airport with a 70% increase in Passengers compared to 2021
- » Radev and Aliyev discussed Bulgarian Enterprises receiving Gas directly from Azerbaijan
- » Foreign Leaders will arrive in Bulgaria for the Opening Ceremony of the Interconnector with Greece