New Drop of Unemployment in Bulgaria
New drop of unemployment in Bulgaria. In April it is 5.1% - the lowest level since 2008, according to Eurostat data.
Compared to March, the decrease is by 0.1% and on an annual basis compared to April 2017 - by 1.2%.
The unemployed in Bulgaria during the last fourth months was a total of 177 000 people, or 34 000 less than in April 2017 and 3000 less on a monthly basis.
Youth unemployment has also fallen to 10.1 percent. For one year it shrunk by 3.8 percent. A total of 18,000 young people under 25 were unemployed in April.
Unemployment across the European Union remains unchanged on a monthly basis, again at 7.1%. Compared to April 2017, however, a decrease of 0.7 percent was reported.
In the euro area, the unemployment fell slightly to around 8.5% in March 2018. On an annual basis, however, there was again a decrease by 0.7 percent.
- » MFA: No Data For Bulgarians Affected by the Floods in Northern Greece
- » Rosen Zhelyazkov Discusses Mobility Package with EU Ministers in Brussels
- » Mariya Gabriel Nominated to be European Commissioner For Innovation and Youth
- » Maria Gabriel Opens the Fourth Edition of the Digital Life and Design Conference in Brussels
- » The Distribution of the Resources in the European Commission Will be Announced Today
- » European Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis Arrives in Bulgaria