New Drop of Unemployment in Bulgaria
New drop of unemployment in Bulgaria. In April it is 5.1% - the lowest level since 2008, according to Eurostat data.
Compared to March, the decrease is by 0.1% and on an annual basis compared to April 2017 - by 1.2%.
The unemployed in Bulgaria during the last fourth months was a total of 177 000 people, or 34 000 less than in April 2017 and 3000 less on a monthly basis.
Youth unemployment has also fallen to 10.1 percent. For one year it shrunk by 3.8 percent. A total of 18,000 young people under 25 were unemployed in April.
Unemployment across the European Union remains unchanged on a monthly basis, again at 7.1%. Compared to April 2017, however, a decrease of 0.7 percent was reported.
In the euro area, the unemployment fell slightly to around 8.5% in March 2018. On an annual basis, however, there was again a decrease by 0.7 percent.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission: EUR 9.218 Billions Grants for Bulgaria, Italy and Spain on Top of the Table
- » Doubts Remain over Readiness of Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania for Schengen
- » EC: Bulgaria is the Only Country that Meets the Criterion for the EU Budget Deficit
- » Bulgaria Marks Europe Day
- » The Juncker Plan Will Provide Financial Assistance of BGN 10 million For 320 Micro-Enterprises in Bulgaria
- » EP Supports Accession Talks with Albania and Northern Macedonia