Where a holiday is cheaper in Greece or in Turkey?
A package for 7 days in a five-star hotel, with air tickets and an all-inclusive hotel, cost 560 leva. This showed Nova TV material, which explained that the price is going down mainly because of the depreciation of the Turkish lira.
Everything is much cheaper, say Bulgarian tour operators. This attracts more and more people who take advantage of the cheaper Turkish currency. The packages for 7 days are around 550 - 650 leva, according to the tour operators.
In Greece, however, it is nowadays more expensive. One of the reasons - rising fuel prices in Greece, and there are fines being set if foreigners import fuel cans to refuel their car during their stay in Greek territory. 1500-1600 leva for 7 days cost a package in a 3-4 star hotel in Greece, which is by 30% more expensive than last year.
This year, around 650,000 Bulgarians are expected to spend their holidays in Greece and about 310,000 Bulgarians in Turkey.
- » Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister for Economic and Demographic Policy: Relations Between Bulgaria and Ukraine Are on a Solid Foundation
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: We will be Uncompromising in the Control of Beach Areas
- » BDZ Discussed the 2020 Schedule
- » Fewer Russian And German Tourists Will Spend Their Summer Vacation In Bulgaria
- » Last Day For Free-Trip Requests Under the 'Discover the EU' initiative
- » Bulgaria and Egypt will Cooperate In The Sphere Of Tourism