Where a holiday is cheaper in Greece or in Turkey?
A package for 7 days in a five-star hotel, with air tickets and an all-inclusive hotel, cost 560 leva. This showed Nova TV material, which explained that the price is going down mainly because of the depreciation of the Turkish lira.
Everything is much cheaper, say Bulgarian tour operators. This attracts more and more people who take advantage of the cheaper Turkish currency. The packages for 7 days are around 550 - 650 leva, according to the tour operators.
In Greece, however, it is nowadays more expensive. One of the reasons - rising fuel prices in Greece, and there are fines being set if foreigners import fuel cans to refuel their car during their stay in Greek territory. 1500-1600 leva for 7 days cost a package in a 3-4 star hotel in Greece, which is by 30% more expensive than last year.
This year, around 650,000 Bulgarians are expected to spend their holidays in Greece and about 310,000 Bulgarians in Turkey.
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Foreign Tourist Arrivals Grows 9.7% in the First Half of 2018
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: For this Summer Season we Expect Growth of 5%
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises 6.5% y/y
- » Over 3.6 Million Tourists in Bulgaria in just Six Months
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: We Make a Commitment to Tighten Requirements for Tour Operators
- » Veliko Tarnovo: Over 203,000 Tourists Visit Local Museums in the First 6 Months of the Year