Putin Welcomed Bulgarian PM Borisov with a Hug (Photos)
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov met for the third time with Russian President Vladimir Putin. The meeting takes place in the Kremlin Palace in Moscow. Among the topics discussed were the supply of gas from Russia for the future gas hub "Balkan".
At the beginning of the meeting, Prime Minister Borisov said that Russia has always had a great influence and it is good for the government to get acquainted with the European countries' infrastructure, rail and gas infrastructure.
Prime Minister Borisov thanked for the opportunity to visit the Kremlin after so many years and pointed out that there were topics on which progress could be discussed with President Vladimir Putin. The global situation and the situation of the Western Balkans is also a topic of interest to the Bulgarian Prime Minister.
Borisov praised the good cooperation in the field of security and the fight against terrorism, and at the end of his opening words he wished Russia to succeed in the upcoming World Cup.
The topics for the Western Balkans, the fight against terrorism and Syria were highlights in the talks between Borisov and Putin.
They also discussed the possibilities of expanding cooperation on security at both European and inter-state levels. Prime Minister Borissov pointed out that efforts should be directed primarily at the prevention of terrorism - by combating radicalization and violent extremism.
"I hope this meeting will create good conditions for the development of our relations," said Russian President Vladimir Putin. He pointed out that this could be done in the sphere of economy, culture and spiritual ties.
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov Talked with German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas
- » Germany's Foreign Minister Arrives in Sofia
- » 31 Projects on the Cross-Border Program with Serbia Have Been Approved
- » Switzerland Removes Restrictions on the Work and Establishment of Bulgarians
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Held a Telephone Conversation with Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić
- » Bulgarian President Expects New Dynamics in Relations with North Macedonia