The Head of the NHIF has Resigned
National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) director Kamen Plochev has resigned, Capital reported, citing sources.
The resignation is due to health reasons and has been deposited with the Treasury's Supervisory Board, which has to establish whether Plochev's health condition prevents him from serving for more than three months. The Supervisory Board will then have to send the documents to parliament, because his mandate can be terminated only there and elect a new manager of the health fund.
Kamen Plochev was appointed to the management post of the Health Insurance Fund in July 2017 after a competition in which he was the only candidate.
Plochev went on long hospital leave after entering into an open conflict with the Minister of Health Kiril Ananiev about the amount of NHIF debts to the European Health Insurance Fund. Then Ananiev demanded his resignation. Subsequently, Plochev was right about the cash duties of the NHIF, but went to hospital. Under the Health Insurance Act, the manager's powers may be terminated if he is unable to fulfill his obligations for a period of three months. This deadline expired on May 28.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 204 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 208 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 295 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 41 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 58 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 185 New Cases in the Last 24 hours