At the End of 2017 the Honey Production in Bulgaria was 15.6% more than in the Previous Year
The Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forests has always identified beekeeping as a significant traditional agricultural sector. The National Beekeeping Program, approved by the European Commission, is fully in line with the European Union's policy in the sector.
This is stated by the Minister of Agriculture Rumen Porozhanov in response to a parliamentary question on the policy of the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry for the development of the beekeeping sector, BGNES reported.
"The policy is aimed at protecting the health of bee colonies, ensuring the quality and safety of bee products, improving general conditions of production and trade in honey. Last but not least, considering the depopulation of rural areas, we are striving, together with the development of professional beekeepers, to provide additional income for the population", said Porozhanov.
As of 1 October 2017, the bee families in the country are 765 800, which is one and a half percent more than the previous year. The production of honey - 11 thousand 807 tons, is 15.6% more than 2016. There is a steady tendency for the growing of apiaries. Since the accession of the Republic of Bulgaria to the European Union, thanks to European and national funding, the average number of bee families in a family of beekeepers ranges from 21.4 in 2007 to 57 in 2017. The state provides opportunities for financial support to the sector through several national schemes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NPC International, The Largest Franchisee of Pizza Hut in U.S., Files for Bankruptcy
- » EasyJet May Cut Three UK Airport Bases
- » Bulgarian Minister of Tourism Angelkova: The Measure 60/40 Becomes 80/20 for the Tourism Sector
- » Important: Greece Can Only be Entered Through the Kulata Border Checkpoint
- » Airbus Cuts Nearly 15,000 Jobs to Adapt COVID-19 Environment
- » WizzAir with New Route From Sofia - Mykonos