At the Seaside, Retirees Are Hired To Work
Masovo hiring of retired staff to run hotels and restaurants by the sea. This was announced by Director of the Institute for Tourism Analysis and Assessments Roumen Draganov.
The reason for recruiting people in retirement age for cleaning rooms and dishwashing is the lack of staff in resorts. However, hiring them does not solve the problem, as employees become more incapacitated with age. There are also a number of health problems that did not allow them to perform their duties, says Monitor.
Currently, the lack of staff at sea is about 15%, but the real shortfall will be evident in the beginning of June, when the active season begins, experts explain.
A major problem for the stagnation in tourism is the disconnection between education and realization of the students. "Many of the graduates of the language schools do not know that they have vocational education, ie. they can work as tour guides, "Draganov explained.
A survey shows that business at sea needs people with French, English, German, Czech and Polish languages. The most serious movement in job advertisements is observed in the restaurant sector.
- » More than 150 Passengers Stuck at Sofia Airport for 12 hours
- » The Biggest History Park in the World Opens in Bulgaria, Near Varna in the Spring (Photos)
- » Bulgarian Mayors Set up Tourism Management Organisation for Rose Valley Region
- » Airbnb Will Pay 4 People to Live Amongst Locals in a Remote Italian Village for 3 Whole Months
- » 4 Flights From Sofia Airport to Frankfurt and Hamburg Are Canceled Due to the Strikes
- » Daily Mail: Sunny Beach in Bulgaria Sees off Marmaris and the Algarve to be Named the Best Value Tourist Hot Spot for Brits in 2019