Montenegro's Airspace will be Protected by NATO from June 5
From June 5, Montenegro's airspace will be protected by NATO, and the first countries to carry out patrols will be Greece and Italy, according to Skopje electronic edition "New Macedonia", quoted by Focus.
"As Montenegro does not have combat aircraft, the Allies will help it to secure its airspace," the Alliance said. At the same time, it is clarified that the Greek and Italian planes will not be deployed in Montenegro bases and will only be activated if necessary.
"Airpolicing," as highlighted by NATO, is not a response to a specific threat, but an important component that NATO provides as a security for its members, a NATO statement said.
- » Eight Allies,Including Bulgaria, Join Forces in Romania for Exercise SCORPIONS FURY 18
- » Bulgaria and Armenia Discuss Possibilities For Joint Military Exercises
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Joining the UN Pact on Migration First Must be Discussed in Parliament
- » Austria Accuses Colonel of Spying for Russia for Decades
- » Trump in Paris Slams Macron's 'Insulting' EU Army Proposals
- » The Bulgarian and Romanian Naval Forces Started their Annual Exercise Poseidon 2018