Montenegro's Airspace will be Protected by NATO from June 5
From June 5, Montenegro's airspace will be protected by NATO, and the first countries to carry out patrols will be Greece and Italy, according to Skopje electronic edition "New Macedonia", quoted by Focus.
"As Montenegro does not have combat aircraft, the Allies will help it to secure its airspace," the Alliance said. At the same time, it is clarified that the Greek and Italian planes will not be deployed in Montenegro bases and will only be activated if necessary.
"Airpolicing," as highlighted by NATO, is not a response to a specific threat, but an important component that NATO provides as a security for its members, a NATO statement said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Another 1,000 US Troops to be Send to Poland
- » US Troops to be Send to Bulgaria and Romania
- » Terrorist Attack Was Prevented in Russia
- » US Military Helicopters Will Fly Over Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Army Reaches the Highest Level of Confidence in a Decade
- » Bulgarian Defence Minister Karakachanov: There Is No Delay for the New F-16 Due to the Coronavirus crisis