Montenegro's Airspace will be Protected by NATO from June 5
From June 5, Montenegro's airspace will be protected by NATO, and the first countries to carry out patrols will be Greece and Italy, according to Skopje electronic edition "New Macedonia", quoted by Focus.
"As Montenegro does not have combat aircraft, the Allies will help it to secure its airspace," the Alliance said. At the same time, it is clarified that the Greek and Italian planes will not be deployed in Montenegro bases and will only be activated if necessary.
"Airpolicing," as highlighted by NATO, is not a response to a specific threat, but an important component that NATO provides as a security for its members, a NATO statement said.
- » F-16 Block 72 Known as Viper Has Been Offered to Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Servicemen in Blue Bridge and Saber Junction 2018 Exercises
- » MiG-31 Interceptor Jet Crashes in Central Russia – Russian Defense Ministry
- » Syria Downs Russian Plane, Moscow Blames Israel (Updated)
- » Russian Military Plane Disappears from Radar near Syria
- » Bulgaria’s Soviet Jets: Trojan Horses In A NATO Air Force? – Analysis