Foreign Tourists in Bulgaria have Increased by 9%
In the first four months of 2018, the total number of tourist visits by foreigners in Bulgaria is 1 722 307, the Ministry of Tourism reported, citing data from the National Statistical Institute. Their growth over the same period in 2017 is 9.3%. The increase just for April 2018 is 6% compared to the same month a year earlier.
The good results prove the sustainable development of the sector and the effectiveness of the marketing policy for extending the "wings" of the active seasons in achieving the goal Bulgaria - an all year round destination, commented Minister of Tourism Nikolina Angelkova. According to her, the successful winter season - "the best since our country's entry into the EU by number of visits" - has contributed to these achievements.
Tourism rankings for January-April 2018 are led by Greece with 294,460 visits (7.1% growth). Followed by Romania - 261 349 visits (17.8% increase), Turkey - 214 452 visits (12.6% growth).
Tourists from other important markets for Bulgaria such as the UK were 69,342 (12.3% more), Germany - 58,629 visits (6.6% growth), Israel - 57,083 visits (33.1% growth), Ukraine - 39,434 (12.3% more), France - 21,845 visits (7.9% increase), US - 18,634 tourists (15.9% growth), Spain 18,238 visits (10.2%) , The Netherlands - 15,132 visitors (8.9% growth), Belgium - 14,300 visits (15.9% growth).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Air with Additional Flights to Amsterdam, Athens, Zurich, Berlin and Frankfurt
- » Greece Closes its Borders to Serbian Citizens Until July 15
- » Long Queue at Kulata Border Again, Re-entry into Bulgaria is Allowed from All Border Checkpoints
- » Air France Plans to Cut 7,500 Jobs
- » Full Beaches On The Black Sea Coast: Bulgarian Tourism Industry Is Optimistic for the Season
- » 12 km Queue of Cars at the Kulata Border Checkpoint to Greece