Gunman Kills 3 in Belgium before being Shot Dead by Police
A gunman killed two police officers and a passerby on Tuesday before being shot dead in the centre of the Belgian city of Liege, public broadcaster RTBF said on its website and authorities said terrorism could not be ruled out as a motive.
The man had taken a woman hostage at some point in the attack, the newspaper La Libre Belgique said.
The national anti-terrorist crisis centre, which Interior Minister Jan Jambon said on Twitter was monitoring the situation, said terrorism could not be excluded as a motive though it was also looking into other possible reasons.
"It [terrorism] is one of the questions on the table, but for the moment all scenarios are open," a spokesman for the crisis centre said.
Two other police officers had been injured, Belga news agency said.
- » 71-Year-Old Woman From Svilengrad Gave BGN 14 000 to Phone Scammers
- » Macedonian Citizen was Detained for Assault of a Policeman in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Charges Six With Financing Syrian 'Terrorist' Groups As Network Uncovered
- » Bulgaria Extradites Russian Hacker to US: Embassy
- » 43 People Detained in a Large-Scale Operation in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Prevented Smuggling of 1,5 kg of Gold Jewels