Gunman Kills 3 in Belgium before being Shot Dead by Police
A gunman killed two police officers and a passerby on Tuesday before being shot dead in the centre of the Belgian city of Liege, public broadcaster RTBF said on its website and authorities said terrorism could not be ruled out as a motive.
The man had taken a woman hostage at some point in the attack, the newspaper La Libre Belgique said.
The national anti-terrorist crisis centre, which Interior Minister Jan Jambon said on Twitter was monitoring the situation, said terrorism could not be excluded as a motive though it was also looking into other possible reasons.
"It [terrorism] is one of the questions on the table, but for the moment all scenarios are open," a spokesman for the crisis centre said.
Two other police officers had been injured, Belga news agency said.
- » Woman was Found Murdered in an Apartment in Gorna Oryahovitsa
- » Islamic State Claims Responsibility For Deadly Melbourne Attack
- » Melbourne Bourke Street Incident: Police Confirm Assailant Dead After 'Terror' Attack
- » Russian Citizen Jailed in Bulgaria at US Request, Says Diplomat
- » Smuggled Gold Jewelry Found During Car Inspection at Kapitan Andreevo Customs Post
- » At least 13 Killed in Rrison Riot in Tajikistan