Gunman Kills 3 in Belgium before being Shot Dead by Police
A gunman killed two police officers and a passerby on Tuesday before being shot dead in the centre of the Belgian city of Liege, public broadcaster RTBF said on its website and authorities said terrorism could not be ruled out as a motive.
The man had taken a woman hostage at some point in the attack, the newspaper La Libre Belgique said.
The national anti-terrorist crisis centre, which Interior Minister Jan Jambon said on Twitter was monitoring the situation, said terrorism could not be excluded as a motive though it was also looking into other possible reasons.
"It [terrorism] is one of the questions on the table, but for the moment all scenarios are open," a spokesman for the crisis centre said.
Two other police officers had been injured, Belga news agency said.
- » 30 Years in Prison for the Murderer of Bulgarian Journalist Victoria Marinova
- » Police Operation Against Drug Dealers in the Sofia District of Strelbishte
- » Theft of Electricity in a Luxury Building in Sofia Detected by CEZ
- » Bulgarian Citizen Committed a Double Murder in Turkey and Committed Suicide
- » Greek Police Detained a Bulgarian Truck Full of illegal Immigrants
- » Special Operation in Vidin Against a Group for Human Trafficking and Money Laundering