Once Again the EP Calls for Bulgaria and Romania to be Admitted to the Schengen Area
The European Parliament once again calls for Bulgaria and Romania to be admitted to the Schengen zone, the press service of the institution said.
Tomorrow, during the plenary session in Strasbourg, a report on the state of the Schengen area and the re-established borders between some countries since 2014 will be discussed. It states that restoring border controls undermines confidence in institutions and has very serious consequences for the economies of the EU Member States. The calculations show that resumed checks are worth about € 2 billion a year.
Euro-states have built more than 1200 km of walls worth about EUR 500 million. MEPs condemn the reintroduction of border checks and the building of physical barriers between Schengen countries.
- » Bulgaria’s Ombudsperson Filed a Petition to EP over Double Standards on Foods
- » Bulgarian Ombudsman Will Present in Brussels a Petition Against the Double Standard of Food
- » EC Warned Bulgaria About the Sale of Citizenship
- » CPT Holds High-level Talks in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Has Active Role in Juncker Plan
- » Bulgarians Living For Years in UK Will Have No Problems Staying After Brexit