Once Again the EP Calls for Bulgaria and Romania to be Admitted to the Schengen Area
The European Parliament once again calls for Bulgaria and Romania to be admitted to the Schengen zone, the press service of the institution said.
Tomorrow, during the plenary session in Strasbourg, a report on the state of the Schengen area and the re-established borders between some countries since 2014 will be discussed. It states that restoring border controls undermines confidence in institutions and has very serious consequences for the economies of the EU Member States. The calculations show that resumed checks are worth about € 2 billion a year.
Euro-states have built more than 1200 km of walls worth about EUR 500 million. MEPs condemn the reintroduction of border checks and the building of physical barriers between Schengen countries.
- » What are the Electoral Attitudes in Bulgaria Before the Start of the European Election Campaign?
- » Liliana Pavlova: The Key to What Europe We Want is in the Hands of Young People
- » Bulgaria is Applying for the Seat of the European Labor Authority
- » Bulgaria is the Fourth in Europe in Respect to Price Growth
- » The European Commission Supports the Improvement of the Business Environment in Bulgaria
- » EC: The Important Thing is That With the Bulgarian Authorities We Are Conducting a Constructive Conversation on the Implementation of the Recommendations