Once Again the EP Calls for Bulgaria and Romania to be Admitted to the Schengen Area
The European Parliament once again calls for Bulgaria and Romania to be admitted to the Schengen zone, the press service of the institution said.
Tomorrow, during the plenary session in Strasbourg, a report on the state of the Schengen area and the re-established borders between some countries since 2014 will be discussed. It states that restoring border controls undermines confidence in institutions and has very serious consequences for the economies of the EU Member States. The calculations show that resumed checks are worth about € 2 billion a year.
Euro-states have built more than 1200 km of walls worth about EUR 500 million. MEPs condemn the reintroduction of border checks and the building of physical barriers between Schengen countries.
- » EC Will Present Tomorrow the Progress Reports on Bulgaria and Romania on the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism
- » Minister Pavlova: Bulgarian EU Presidency was Victim to Fake News
- » Bulgaria’s GERB Backs Weber to be EPP Spitzenkandidat in European Parliament 2019 Elections
- » Bulgaria Referred to European Justice Court over Railway Safety Directive Compliance
- » The EC Urges Bulgaria to Introduce the Air Quality Directive
- » Bulgaria Becomes Third Country to Appoint a Ambassador for Digital Affairs