Once Again the EP Calls for Bulgaria and Romania to be Admitted to the Schengen Area
The European Parliament once again calls for Bulgaria and Romania to be admitted to the Schengen zone, the press service of the institution said.
Tomorrow, during the plenary session in Strasbourg, a report on the state of the Schengen area and the re-established borders between some countries since 2014 will be discussed. It states that restoring border controls undermines confidence in institutions and has very serious consequences for the economies of the EU Member States. The calculations show that resumed checks are worth about € 2 billion a year.
Euro-states have built more than 1200 km of walls worth about EUR 500 million. MEPs condemn the reintroduction of border checks and the building of physical barriers between Schengen countries.
- » The EC has Warned Bulgaria to Comply with th Green Laws
- » Bulgaria to Formally Apply to Join EU's Banking Union
- » GERB Leader: I am Convinced that Austria and Romania will Continue the Key Priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency
- » Bulgaria Entered a Schengen Mode for the Eurozone Too
- » ECB Could take more than One Tear to Assess Bulgaria's Banking Union Bid
- » Bulgaria's Path towards ERM II Participation