Once Again the EP Calls for Bulgaria and Romania to be Admitted to the Schengen Area
The European Parliament once again calls for Bulgaria and Romania to be admitted to the Schengen zone, the press service of the institution said.
Tomorrow, during the plenary session in Strasbourg, a report on the state of the Schengen area and the re-established borders between some countries since 2014 will be discussed. It states that restoring border controls undermines confidence in institutions and has very serious consequences for the economies of the EU Member States. The calculations show that resumed checks are worth about € 2 billion a year.
Euro-states have built more than 1200 km of walls worth about EUR 500 million. MEPs condemn the reintroduction of border checks and the building of physical barriers between Schengen countries.
- » PM: Decision on Hungary Taken at Government Operative Meeting has no Legal Value but has Moral Significance
- » Bulgaria Stands Behind Hungary and Against Brussels
- » 500 Terminals for e-vignettes will Operate Across Bulgaria from 2019
- » Bulgaria: BNT is not Planning a Junior Eurovision Return in 2019
- » EU Parliament Approves €34 Million in Aid to Greece, Poland, Lithuania and Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President: The EU will be Successful only if it Represents the Success of all its Member States