Bulgaria's Preparations for the Next Programming Period 2021 - 2027 will Begin Immediately after the End of the EU Presidency
The preparations for the next programming period will begin immediately after the end of the EU Presidency. This was stated by Deputy Prime Minister Tomislav Donchev at the working meeting of the Managing Authorities of Operational Programs, initiated by the Council of Ministers.
Donchev stressed that Bulgaria needs to strengthen the capacity to make sectoral policies to put the programming of European funds on a sound basis that would bring real benefits for the country. In his words, an important priority in the preparation of Bulgaria will be the strengthening of the regional approach in the planning of investments with European funds.
By the end of the Presidency, there will be projects not only of the Multiannual Financial Framework but also of the legislative package on the management of European structural and investment funds. Since the European Commission presented the draft Multiannual Financial Framework for the EU by 2027 at the beginning of May, it is expected on 29 May (Tuesday) to also publish the draft General Regulation on the allocation of funds by sectoral policies and countries.
Immediately after, on 8 June, Bulgaria will host a high-level conference where, for the first time, high-level representatives from the Member States and the key European institutions will comment on the European Commission's proposals and give a boost to the debate on funding priorities in the next programming period.
The conference will be streamed live on the site of the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU as well as on the social network profiles.
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor