Bulgaria's Preparations for the Next Programming Period 2021 - 2027 will Begin Immediately after the End of the EU Presidency
The preparations for the next programming period will begin immediately after the end of the EU Presidency. This was stated by Deputy Prime Minister Tomislav Donchev at the working meeting of the Managing Authorities of Operational Programs, initiated by the Council of Ministers.
Donchev stressed that Bulgaria needs to strengthen the capacity to make sectoral policies to put the programming of European funds on a sound basis that would bring real benefits for the country. In his words, an important priority in the preparation of Bulgaria will be the strengthening of the regional approach in the planning of investments with European funds.
By the end of the Presidency, there will be projects not only of the Multiannual Financial Framework but also of the legislative package on the management of European structural and investment funds. Since the European Commission presented the draft Multiannual Financial Framework for the EU by 2027 at the beginning of May, it is expected on 29 May (Tuesday) to also publish the draft General Regulation on the allocation of funds by sectoral policies and countries.
Immediately after, on 8 June, Bulgaria will host a high-level conference where, for the first time, high-level representatives from the Member States and the key European institutions will comment on the European Commission's proposals and give a boost to the debate on funding priorities in the next programming period.
The conference will be streamed live on the site of the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU as well as on the social network profiles.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM: The Guards of Dogan and Peevski Must be Removed
- » Bulgaria: Tension in Rosenets Park, Protesters Are Not Allowed to Enter the Beach
- » Bulgaria Returns Some Measures Against COVID-19, No Indoor Entertainments
- » Bulgaria: Еnvironmental Protests Against Amendments to Biological Diversity Act
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria