Jump in Price: Taxi Companies in Bulgaria Demand BGN 1 per Kilometer
Jump in the price of taxis. The industry insists that the tariffs increase by about 20%, or up to BGN 1 per kilometer during the day and BGN 1.13 overnight, NOVA points out.
The municipality, however, says that the daily tariff in Sofia should be an average of about BGN 0.95 per kilometer. At present, most companies are traveling at 0.70 to 0.90 leva per kilometer.
Drivers, who make their income behing the wheel, insist on higher prices. Currently they are working below the minimum according to representatives.
There were even suggestions for 2.50 leva per kilometer, but the carriers united about 1 leva for daily tariff and 1.13 leva per night. But the municipality offers less.
The idea of change is to end the so-called "koparki" (fake taxis with expensive tariffs), as well as those who inflate bills and those who run below market values.
If the new prices do not come into effect, companies are predicting protests and bankruptcies, and if they enter, people will replace the yellow cars with the subway.
In practice, the municipality has no right to choose - by law there should be minimum and maximum price. The ceiling is already set, but the final price will be clear within weeks.
- » White Brotherhood of Bulgaria Gather for Supernatural-like Ritual near Rila Lakes
- » The Fire in the Old Landfill in Svishtov is Under Control, Crews on Site are Monitoring the Situation
- » This Year Bulgaria has Allocated BGN 70 Million for Reclamation of Old Landfills
- » Global Game Industry is Stepping into Bulgaria
- » Carriers will be Able to Test the TOL System
- » A New Case of African Swine Fever in Plovdiv and Lovech