Jump in Price: Taxi Companies in Bulgaria Demand BGN 1 per Kilometer
Jump in the price of taxis. The industry insists that the tariffs increase by about 20%, or up to BGN 1 per kilometer during the day and BGN 1.13 overnight, NOVA points out.
The municipality, however, says that the daily tariff in Sofia should be an average of about BGN 0.95 per kilometer. At present, most companies are traveling at 0.70 to 0.90 leva per kilometer.
Drivers, who make their income behing the wheel, insist on higher prices. Currently they are working below the minimum according to representatives.
There were even suggestions for 2.50 leva per kilometer, but the carriers united about 1 leva for daily tariff and 1.13 leva per night. But the municipality offers less.
The idea of change is to end the so-called "koparki" (fake taxis with expensive tariffs), as well as those who inflate bills and those who run below market values.
If the new prices do not come into effect, companies are predicting protests and bankruptcies, and if they enter, people will replace the yellow cars with the subway.
In practice, the municipality has no right to choose - by law there should be minimum and maximum price. The ceiling is already set, but the final price will be clear within weeks.
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire