Protest Against the Construction of a Waste Burning Site in Sofia
A protest against the construction of a waste burning site in the middle of Sofia will be held today, Nova TV reported. The idea was to use alternative fossil fuel made through burning waste.
The project will launch in 5 years on the territory of the TPP-Sofia. The objective is to reduce both fine particulate and carbon emissions. But people in the area are worried about air pollution.
Protesters also disagree with the idea of the municipality to finance the site with a loan of EUR 60 million. The Environment Committee in Parliament has already announced that all ecoprocesses have been met and the project will provide alternative fuel for the needs of District Heating.
- » Neno Dimov: Less than 3% of the Imported Waste in 2018 Is Burned in TPPs
- » The Ozone Hole over Antarctica - the Smallest in almost 30 Years!
- » It Will be Sunny Again Today, with Highs Between 29C and 34C
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C