Protest Against the Construction of a Waste Burning Site in Sofia
A protest against the construction of a waste burning site in the middle of Sofia will be held today, Nova TV reported. The idea was to use alternative fossil fuel made through burning waste.
The project will launch in 5 years on the territory of the TPP-Sofia. The objective is to reduce both fine particulate and carbon emissions. But people in the area are worried about air pollution.
Protesters also disagree with the idea of the municipality to finance the site with a loan of EUR 60 million. The Environment Committee in Parliament has already announced that all ecoprocesses have been met and the project will provide alternative fuel for the needs of District Heating.
- » World to Miss 2020 Climate 'Turning Point'
- » Light Rain and Snowfall in Northwest Bulgaria, Light Rain in Southwest Regions
- » Blagoevgrad has the most Polluted Air in the past 4 Days
- » The Air in Sofia was Cleaner in 2018 Compared to 2017
- » Bulgarian MRS: There is still Danger of Avalanches
- » Cloudy Weather Today Across the Country, Slight Chance For Rain