Protest Against the Construction of a Waste Burning Site in Sofia
A protest against the construction of a waste burning site in the middle of Sofia will be held today, Nova TV reported. The idea was to use alternative fossil fuel made through burning waste.
The project will launch in 5 years on the territory of the TPP-Sofia. The objective is to reduce both fine particulate and carbon emissions. But people in the area are worried about air pollution.
Protesters also disagree with the idea of the municipality to finance the site with a loan of EUR 60 million. The Environment Committee in Parliament has already announced that all ecoprocesses have been met and the project will provide alternative fuel for the needs of District Heating.
- » California Fires Death Toll Rises to 31
- » Winter is Coming to Bulgaria: Snow and Cold by the End of the Week
- » Nine Die in California Wildfires, Tens of Thousands Forced to Flee
- » Successful Restoration of the Population of the European Bison in the Eastern Rhodopes
- » 4.2 Magnitute Earthquake Hit the Greek Island Zakynthos Again
- » European Commission urges Bulgaria to take Swift Measures to Improve Air Quality