Protest Against the Construction of a Waste Burning Site in Sofia
A protest against the construction of a waste burning site in the middle of Sofia will be held today, Nova TV reported. The idea was to use alternative fossil fuel made through burning waste.
The project will launch in 5 years on the territory of the TPP-Sofia. The objective is to reduce both fine particulate and carbon emissions. But people in the area are worried about air pollution.
Protesters also disagree with the idea of the municipality to finance the site with a loan of EUR 60 million. The Environment Committee in Parliament has already announced that all ecoprocesses have been met and the project will provide alternative fuel for the needs of District Heating.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Storm in Sofia, Underpasses Flooded
- » The Astronomical Summer begins Today
- » Bulgaria: The Most Polluting Cars Out of the Center of Sofia during Winter
- » Bulgaria: Warning of significant Rainfall and Thunder Today
- » After Heavy Rains: Petrohan Pass Closed, Danger of Collapse of the Road Smolyan – Devin
- » 63% of Bulgarians Eat Meat almost Every Day, Only 8% regularly consume Plant-Based Products