Protest Against the Construction of a Waste Burning Site in Sofia
A protest against the construction of a waste burning site in the middle of Sofia will be held today, Nova TV reported. The idea was to use alternative fossil fuel made through burning waste.
The project will launch in 5 years on the territory of the TPP-Sofia. The objective is to reduce both fine particulate and carbon emissions. But people in the area are worried about air pollution.
Protesters also disagree with the idea of the municipality to finance the site with a loan of EUR 60 million. The Environment Committee in Parliament has already announced that all ecoprocesses have been met and the project will provide alternative fuel for the needs of District Heating.
- » Deadly Heatwave Kills People in Japan
- » The Bulgarian Black Sea Coast is Cleaner this Summer According to the Tourist Minister
- » Tornado Injured 17 People in the State of Iowa
- » EU Nations Help Sweden as Wildfires Rage Above Arctic Circle
- » The Autumn Weather will Remain until the End of July
- » Clouds and Precipitation in Central and Eastern Bulgaria