Spain Rescued 408 Migrants in Mediterranean Sea over the Weekend
Spanish ships have saved 408 migrants who tried to cross the Mediterranean during the weekend, the France press and the Associated Press reported, citing the rescue service.
Today, 115 migrants were found in five small boats. There is search operation for three other boats. Yesterday 293 migrants were found traveling in 9 boats.
Tens of thousands of migrants are forced to take a dangerous journey to southern European countries to escape from conflict and extreme poverty. Most of the traffickers' boats are unsuitable for open waters and thousands of migrants drown.
According to UN data this year, at least 636 migrants have died. For the first four months of this year, a total of 22,439 migrants have reached the coasts of European countries. 4409 arrived in Spain.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: Putin will use Winter as a Weapon in the War
- » Day 279 of the Invasion of Ukraine: USA stated there is “No Need to declare Russia a Terrorist State”
- » Series of Knife Attacks in three Brussels Neighborhoods: Two People have Died
- » Bulgarian SPG-9 Warriors mounted on Buggies chase Russian Tanks through the Mud in Ukraine
- » Musk: Apple has 'threatened to withhold' Twitter
- » Breaching EU Sanctions will soon be a 'Eurocrime'