Four Russian Soldiers were Killed during Fights in Syria
Four Russian soldiers have died in Syria as a result of a terrorist attack. Two Russian advisers directing the fire of the Syrian artillery have died on the ground, and five more were injured, two of whom died in the hospital, the Russian Defense Ministry reported on Sunday, TASS reports.
The ministry underlined that doctors at the Russian military hospital had fought hard for the lives of the victims.
According to the ministry, the fight in the Syrian province of Deir-ez-Zor happened in the dark. Several mobile groups of terrorists have attacked a Syrian government's artillery battalion. The military ministry noted that Syrian soldiers, along with the Russian military advisors attached to them, had accepted the battle.
As the ministry said, the battle lasted for several hours, the soldiers destroyed 43 terrorists and six off-road vehicles with large-scale weapons.
The command has presented all Russian soldiers to receive state awards.
Syrian Human Rights Observatory says the killed Russians were 9, along with 26 soldiers from the pro-government forces, the BNR reported.
- » At Least 37 Confirmed Dead After Explosion in Block of Flats in Eastern Russia
- » Moscow Concerned Over NATO, EU Attempts to Strengthen Presence in Balkans
- » Russia Holds Drills in Black Sea Region Amid Ukraine Tensions
- » Russia Deploys New Laser Weapon
- » Russian Cops Put Out Fire With Snowballs
- » Russian Dies After His Explosive Device Detonates Inside FSB Building