Four Russian Soldiers were Killed during Fights in Syria
Four Russian soldiers have died in Syria as a result of a terrorist attack. Two Russian advisers directing the fire of the Syrian artillery have died on the ground, and five more were injured, two of whom died in the hospital, the Russian Defense Ministry reported on Sunday, TASS reports.
The ministry underlined that doctors at the Russian military hospital had fought hard for the lives of the victims.
According to the ministry, the fight in the Syrian province of Deir-ez-Zor happened in the dark. Several mobile groups of terrorists have attacked a Syrian government's artillery battalion. The military ministry noted that Syrian soldiers, along with the Russian military advisors attached to them, had accepted the battle.
As the ministry said, the battle lasted for several hours, the soldiers destroyed 43 terrorists and six off-road vehicles with large-scale weapons.
The command has presented all Russian soldiers to receive state awards.
Syrian Human Rights Observatory says the killed Russians were 9, along with 26 soldiers from the pro-government forces, the BNR reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Medvedev: Crimea is Russian. For it, We are Ready to have a Third World War
- » Default: For the First Time in a Century, Russia has Not Repaid its Government Debt in Foreign Currency
- » Lavrov: The EU and NATO are forming a Temporary Coalition for War with Russia
- » Kremlin Renames Street in front of US Embassy in Moscow to “Donetsk People's Republic”
- » A Journalist Persecuted in Russia was Advised to avoid Bulgaria
- » Russia is Furious with the EU over the Suspended Transit through Lithuania to Kaliningrad