Kiev: Three Ukrainian Soldiers Killed in Clashes with pro-Russian Rebels
Three Ukrainian soldiers were killed in a clashes with pro-Russian rebels in the eastern part of the country, reports BGNS referring to the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine.
Initially, there was only one soldier killed, but the Security Office of the country (SBU) later confirmed that two other soldiers were killed by shots in the Lugansk region. "Four more servicemen have been injured," said Dmitro Gutslyak, a spokesman for the
Ukrainian Ministry of Defense. Violence in eastern Ukraine has increased in recent weeks. Two Ukrainian soldiers and four civilians, including a 13-year-old boy, were killed in clashes last week.
Ukraine and its western allies blame Russia for transferring troops and arms across the border to fuel the flames of the conflict. Moscow has rejected the allegations, despite the indisputable evidence that it has participated in the fighting and its apparent political support for the rebels.
- » Canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church Says Not Taking Part in Autocephaly
- » Bulgaria is Launching a Two-year Rehabilitation Program for Wounded Ukrainian Fighters
- » Anti-Kremlin Journalist back from the Dead as Ukraine Admits set-up
- » Ukraine Crisis Needs 20,000-Strong U.N. Force
- » Ukraine: Without Help from the IMF we will go Bankrupt
- » Lavrov: Ukraine is Trying to Provoke a Collision in the Donbass