Samsung Will Have to Pay Over Half Billion Dollars to Apple
South Korean giant Samsung must pay a $ 533m fine to its US rival Apple for copying the iPhone design. This was decided by a US court on the second instance after Apple won first in 2011 and then Samsung was ordered to pay a $ 400 million fine.
Three Apple patents related to the iPhone design are touched, according to BGS.
The South Korean company appealed, and so it came to a second case. At this second trial, Apple demanded a colossal amount of just over a billion dollars, but Samsung was willing to agree to indemnify its rival with just $ 28 million.
Samsung is no longer selling the controversial iPhone model but will have to give another $ 5 million to use the iPhone features.
- » PM Borisov: We have the Necessary Infrastructure and Means to Continue "Turkish Stream"
- » Boyko Borisov will Open the First Plovdiv Economic Forum
- » Prices of US Goods in Europe are Rising from Tomorrow
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » India Raises Import Duties for US
- » A New German Plant Opens 2000 Jobs in Bulgaria