Samsung Will Have to Pay Over Half Billion Dollars to Apple
South Korean giant Samsung must pay a $ 533m fine to its US rival Apple for copying the iPhone design. This was decided by a US court on the second instance after Apple won first in 2011 and then Samsung was ordered to pay a $ 400 million fine.
Three Apple patents related to the iPhone design are touched, according to BGS.
The South Korean company appealed, and so it came to a second case. At this second trial, Apple demanded a colossal amount of just over a billion dollars, but Samsung was willing to agree to indemnify its rival with just $ 28 million.
Samsung is no longer selling the controversial iPhone model but will have to give another $ 5 million to use the iPhone features.
- » Germans - Greece's Largest Source of Tourism Revenue
- » NSI: The Turnover Index in the ‘Information and Communication’ Section Grew by 2.3%
- » Asia May Lose over $ 100 Billion in Tourism Revenue due to the Coronavirus
- » Bulgarian Foreign Ministry: Don't Travel to Italy or China Unless Necessary
- » Fitch Ratings Agency Re-Affirmed Bulgaria's Credit Rating
- » Lukov March Officially Banned