Samsung Will Have to Pay Over Half Billion Dollars to Apple
South Korean giant Samsung must pay a $ 533m fine to its US rival Apple for copying the iPhone design. This was decided by a US court on the second instance after Apple won first in 2011 and then Samsung was ordered to pay a $ 400 million fine.
Three Apple patents related to the iPhone design are touched, according to BGS.
The South Korean company appealed, and so it came to a second case. At this second trial, Apple demanded a colossal amount of just over a billion dollars, but Samsung was willing to agree to indemnify its rival with just $ 28 million.
Samsung is no longer selling the controversial iPhone model but will have to give another $ 5 million to use the iPhone features.
- » BNB Optimistic about the Bulgaria’s Gross Domestic Product
- » Bulgarian is the BEST SPA Manager in the World
- » Experts Warn of a New Economic Crisis
- » USD337.26m Boost in Bulgarian Foreign Direct Investment
- » Bulgaria's HPP Chaira Extends Unplanned Outage of Unit
- » Energy Minister: 13 Applications Submitted for Participation in Belene NPP Project