On 24 May Balchik Opens a Monument to Cyril and Methodius
A monument of Cyril and Methodius will be opened on May 24 in Balchik, according to BGNews. Today's celebration of Bulgarian culture and Slavonic scripture is also a offical holiday of the city.
The sculpture is the work of Ventsislav Markov. The work is 230 cm high and is cast from bronze. The author was born in 1984 in Varna and has been connected with the "White City" for years.
The idea of the monument to the holy brothers has come impulsively. Just a year ago, passing through the festively decorated square, he saw a vinyl canvas with the images of Cyril and Methodius. The thought of making a sculpture of the holy emerged right away.
Later, he presented the project to the municipal leadership, and so it is realized.
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Files No-confidence Motion Against Borisov 3 Cabinet
- » First 20 Electric Buses Start Moving Around Sofia by the End of the Year
- » Bulgarian Registry Agency Seeks Additional Data-storage Capacity via Direct Contracting
- » Monthly Inflation in Bulgaria at 0.3% in September
- » TISPOL Special Operation Taking Place from 15 to 21 October Across Bulgaria
- » Chief Mufti in Bulgaria Demands Changes to Draft Laws on Religious Denominations