Bulgarian Citizen was Arrested in France because of Suspicion of a Prepared Attack
Bulgarian citizen was detained in France because of suspicion of a prepared attack. The 48-year-old man was arrested Saturday at the Marseille railway station.
He was detained after a woman reported his suspicious behavior, and in his purse he wore electrical materials that could be used to make an explosive device.
At first the man refused to say his name, spoke in Russian and claimed to be a Chechen, NOVA reported. It was only on Sunday that the authorities found that the man was a 48-year-old Bulgarian. The police sought him for attempted murder.
The things he was carrying were not dangerous in themselves, but could be used to make an explosive device.
During the arrest the man did not resist, and the station in Marseille was closed for four hours
- » The Police Found the Body of a Woman Killed with a Knife in Stara Zagora
- » Former Greek Military Official Shot his Bulgarian Girlfriend and Killed Himself
- » Illegal Logging in Bulgaria is Estimated at BGN 150 Million Per Year
- » Bulgarian Police Shuts Down 2 illegal Cannabis Production Greenhouses
- » Mayor of Cherven Bryag was Detained for 24 Hours
- » Former Counter-intelligence Expert is Convinced the Terrorist from New Zealand had Contacts with Bulgarians