Bulgarian Citizen was Arrested in France because of Suspicion of a Prepared Attack
Bulgarian citizen was detained in France because of suspicion of a prepared attack. The 48-year-old man was arrested Saturday at the Marseille railway station.
He was detained after a woman reported his suspicious behavior, and in his purse he wore electrical materials that could be used to make an explosive device.
At first the man refused to say his name, spoke in Russian and claimed to be a Chechen, NOVA reported. It was only on Sunday that the authorities found that the man was a 48-year-old Bulgarian. The police sought him for attempted murder.
The things he was carrying were not dangerous in themselves, but could be used to make an explosive device.
During the arrest the man did not resist, and the station in Marseille was closed for four hours
- » Bulgaria Seizes over 20 kg of Heroin at Border with Turkey
- » Young Man was Killed in Sofia, One Person is Detained
- » Chief Police Inspector: 28,603 Speeding Violations in Bulgaria Last Week
- » BGN 300 a Fine for an Austrian Tourist who Hit a Maid in a Hotel at "Golden Sands" Resort
- » 20 Tonnes of Cannabis Found in Police Operation in Petrich
- » Four Injured in French Knife Rampage, Afghan Asylum-seeker Arrested