Bulgarian Citizen was Arrested in France because of Suspicion of a Prepared Attack
Bulgarian citizen was detained in France because of suspicion of a prepared attack. The 48-year-old man was arrested Saturday at the Marseille railway station.
He was detained after a woman reported his suspicious behavior, and in his purse he wore electrical materials that could be used to make an explosive device.
At first the man refused to say his name, spoke in Russian and claimed to be a Chechen, NOVA reported. It was only on Sunday that the authorities found that the man was a 48-year-old Bulgarian. The police sought him for attempted murder.
The things he was carrying were not dangerous in themselves, but could be used to make an explosive device.
During the arrest the man did not resist, and the station in Marseille was closed for four hours
- » Kapitan Andreevo's Customs Officers Discovered Heroin for BGN 1 Million in a Car Tire
- » 24-year-old Woman Found Dead in a Sofia Hotel, Person has been Detained
- » Brazen Robbery and Kidnapping in Sofia, Perpetrators Detained
- » Intentional Arson in Sofia Leaves almost 13 Thousand People without Electricity
- » The Chief of Traffic Police Kazanlak Found Shot Dead
- » Elderly Woman Passed Away after Assault by a Man in the "Hristo Botev" District