Storm in Karnobat, Southeastern Bulgaria: Streets and Houses in Water!
A strong storm with harsh rain and hail occurred in Karnobat late last night.
The storm lasted about 15 minutes and for that time the streets of the city flooded. The ground floors of the houses are also in the water.
Large branches are cut off from the trees and the agricultural crops in the region are almost destroyed. Fortunately, there are no injured people, Bulgaria ON AIR announced.
The roof of the school "Hristo Smirnenski" has flowed because of the hail, the mayor of Karnobat Georgi Dimitrov told BNT.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects
- » Two Dozen Green Turtles Rescued from Poachers in Bali
- » Forest Fires Near Marseille, Thousands Evacuated
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Bulgaria Does Not Import Radioactive Waste According to the Minister of Environment and Water