The Bulgarian Church Punished the Abbot, Caught Driving Drunk
Hieromonk Spiridon, who was caught driving with nearly three promiles of alcohol in his blood on Easter, would not have the right to serve in the next six months.
The decision was taken by the Holy Synod a week after the Vidin Bishop's office dismissed the cleric from the abbot's position at the Chiprovsky Monastery.
The youngest abbot in Bulgaria was inspected by road policemen in Montana on May 6th. It turned out he sat behind the wheel of a Mercedes, owned by the holy cloister, with 2.59 promiles in the blood.
- » Five Police Officers Detained in Sofia for Corruption and Blackmailing Traders
- » Three illegal Migrants Detained on Kapitan Petko Voyvoda Checkpoint
- » Turkish Authorities Seized 104 kg. Heroin at the Turkish-Bulgarian Border
- » 71-Year-Old Woman From Svilengrad Gave BGN 14 000 to Phone Scammers
- » Macedonian Citizen was Detained for Assault of a Policeman in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Charges Six With Financing Syrian 'Terrorist' Groups As Network Uncovered