The Bulgarian Church Punished the Abbot, Caught Driving Drunk
Hieromonk Spiridon, who was caught driving with nearly three promiles of alcohol in his blood on Easter, would not have the right to serve in the next six months.
The decision was taken by the Holy Synod a week after the Vidin Bishop's office dismissed the cleric from the abbot's position at the Chiprovsky Monastery.
The youngest abbot in Bulgaria was inspected by road policemen in Montana on May 6th. It turned out he sat behind the wheel of a Mercedes, owned by the holy cloister, with 2.59 promiles in the blood.
- » Bulgaria Seizes over 20 kg of Heroin at Border with Turkey
- » Young Man was Killed in Sofia, One Person is Detained
- » Chief Police Inspector: 28,603 Speeding Violations in Bulgaria Last Week
- » BGN 300 a Fine for an Austrian Tourist who Hit a Maid in a Hotel at "Golden Sands" Resort
- » 20 Tonnes of Cannabis Found in Police Operation in Petrich
- » Four Injured in French Knife Rampage, Afghan Asylum-seeker Arrested