15 Minutes Hail and Disaster in Byala Slatina, Northwestern Bulgaria
Rain turned into hail - with the size of the ice pieces like a walnut, came over Byala Slatina and caused huge damage to the town. Older people say they do not remember such a thing.
Affected by the storm are Pleven and Knezha, but a disastrous situation has been announced only in the municipality of Byala Slatina.
"There is a disastrous situation in Byala Slatina," Vratsa district governor Malina Nikolova told FOCUS News Agency - "There has not been any announcement in other settlements in the region." The storm had continued for about 15 minutes.
"The students have an external evaluation and a mandatory electricity supply is necessary - Ms. Nikolova said."
Throughout the Byala Slatina's square, all the trees are on the ground. There are fallen wires. The picture is very scary ... "
Most importantly, it has gone without sacrifices, there is only one victim of broken glass with heavy cuts on the arm. He was given immediate medical help. The necessary blood transfusion is provided. He will recover completely.
I thank the citizens who joined in with their own strengths and resources! We will do it !!! ", wrote Georg Spartanski.
- » More Sun in West Bulgaria, Rain in some Eastern Areas
- » The Bulgarian Environment Ministry will Publish Programme for Improving Air Quality
- » Broken Clouds over most of the Country, Light Rain in East Bulgaria
- » Light Rain can be Expected in East Bulgaria in the Afternoon, Highs between 20° and 25°C
- » Water Levels are Critically Low Along the Danube, Ships Run Aground
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Temperatures up to 20-25°C