Boyan Petrov's Team: The Rescue Operation is Over
The rescue for the Bulgarian mountaineer Boyan Petrov, who disappeared in the Himalayas, is suspended, announced his team, reported bTV.
Today, a helicopter had to be included in the search in Shishapangma. Chinese rescuers searched in the Camp 1 area and had the idea of going up.
After days of search and two weeks missing, Boyan Petrov was never found. According to climbers, he may have fallen into a crack on the way to the top.
"Unfortunately, we did not find Boyan, but we can now leave knowing that everything possible was really done, especially thanks to Boyan's 10 friends, who yesterday funded this flight directly, to the incredible group and organization of China, and the bold pilots of Simrikair, as well as all other people and institutions that helped to make it happen! God bless Boyan! " Kiril Petkov wrote on Facebook.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Study: Where COVID-19 Hit Hardest, Sudden Deaths Outside the Hospital Increased
- » Mayor of Plovdiv: I Want to Live up to People’s Expectations
- » Social Anthropologist: Bulgarian Community Is Highly Fragmented
- » Bulgaria’s Chief Health Inspector: Third Wave of Coronavirus Is Highly Likely
- » Vigil Held in Washington DC in Memoriam of Covid-19 Victims, Nearly Half a Million Americans Killed by Virus
- » Information Campaign Launched for Bulgarians Abroad Related to Child Protection