No Cruise Ship to Visit Varna or Burgas this Summer
No passenger ship will visit Varna and Burgas this summer. This is an anti-record for the cruise season in Bulgaria, bTV reports.
The main reason for the absence of passenger ships is the geopolitical situation in the Black Sea basin in recent years.
Cruise companies plan their visits at least 2-3 years ahead. This means that the plans for the current 2018 were made in the hot conflict period in Ukraine, as well as the attempted military coup in Turkey.
In 2014, there were 36 cruise ships in Varna, which brought to town nearly 30 000 tourists.
But this now seems like a distant past. This year, without a single cruise ship, is the worst for the 21st century.
- » Strike Canceled Over 300 Flights of the National Air Carrier 'Alitalia'
- » Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister for Economic and Demographic Policy: Relations Between Bulgaria and Ukraine Are on a Solid Foundation
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: We will be Uncompromising in the Control of Beach Areas
- » BDZ Discussed the 2020 Schedule
- » Fewer Russian And German Tourists Will Spend Their Summer Vacation In Bulgaria
- » Last Day For Free-Trip Requests Under the 'Discover the EU' initiative