No Cruise Ship to Visit Varna or Burgas this Summer
No passenger ship will visit Varna and Burgas this summer. This is an anti-record for the cruise season in Bulgaria, bTV reports.
The main reason for the absence of passenger ships is the geopolitical situation in the Black Sea basin in recent years.
Cruise companies plan their visits at least 2-3 years ahead. This means that the plans for the current 2018 were made in the hot conflict period in Ukraine, as well as the attempted military coup in Turkey.
In 2014, there were 36 cruise ships in Varna, which brought to town nearly 30 000 tourists.
But this now seems like a distant past. This year, without a single cruise ship, is the worst for the 21st century.
- » Plovdiv is Ranked on New York Post for Best Travel Destinations in 2019
- » 12% of Bulgarian Citizens Plan to Go on a Mountain Holiday this Winter, Survey
- » Petra - One of the 7 New Wonders of the World
- » EasyJet flights from Southend, UK to Sofia,Bulgaria Take off
- » Ski Season in Chepelare Opens on Saturday, Says Mayor
- » Minister Angelkova: We have to Continue Investing in Tourist Infrastructure in Bulgaria