No Cruise Ship to Visit Varna or Burgas this Summer
No passenger ship will visit Varna and Burgas this summer. This is an anti-record for the cruise season in Bulgaria, bTV reports.
The main reason for the absence of passenger ships is the geopolitical situation in the Black Sea basin in recent years.
Cruise companies plan their visits at least 2-3 years ahead. This means that the plans for the current 2018 were made in the hot conflict period in Ukraine, as well as the attempted military coup in Turkey.
In 2014, there were 36 cruise ships in Varna, which brought to town nearly 30 000 tourists.
But this now seems like a distant past. This year, without a single cruise ship, is the worst for the 21st century.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Before the Start of the Season: What are the Prices of Tickets for the Ski Area in Bansko
- » Travel in Europe Will Not Reach Pre-Pandemic Levels by 2024
- » Winter Tourism in Bulgaria: Will a Green Certificate be Required for the Ski Areas?
- » Bulgaria: The Ski Season will be More Expensive this Year
- » In September, the Growth of Foreign Tourists in Bulgaria was Nearly 40% for the Year
- » The US Considers Inclusion of Four Countries, Including Bulgaria, in the Visa-Free Travel Program