No Cruise Ship to Visit Varna or Burgas this Summer
No passenger ship will visit Varna and Burgas this summer. This is an anti-record for the cruise season in Bulgaria, bTV reports.
The main reason for the absence of passenger ships is the geopolitical situation in the Black Sea basin in recent years.
Cruise companies plan their visits at least 2-3 years ahead. This means that the plans for the current 2018 were made in the hot conflict period in Ukraine, as well as the attempted military coup in Turkey.
In 2014, there were 36 cruise ships in Varna, which brought to town nearly 30 000 tourists.
But this now seems like a distant past. This year, without a single cruise ship, is the worst for the 21st century.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » InterContinental Sofia - The Only Hotel in Bulgaria to receive a Green Key Certificate 2022
- » Three New Direct Flights from Bulgaria to the Seychelles will be Launched in 2023
- » Bulgaria exchanges Tourists with Greece for the Holidays
- » Hotels in Bulgarian Ski Resorts are Raising their Prices by 20%
- » Bansko won the World Ski Awards 2022 for the 10th time
- » Bulgarians will be able to Fly from Sofia to Oslo from the Summer of 2023