The Brazilian Police Killed more than 5,000 People Last Year
The Brazilian police have killed 5012 people last year, 19 percent more than 2016, a local news site reported and was quoted by DPA.
The number of murdered police officers has fallen by 15 percent to 385, according to a study by the University of Sao Paulo and the Brazilian Public Security Forum. In February, parliament authorized the army to take responsibility for security in the state of Rio de Janeiro because of the many cases of violence there.
- » Trillions of Cigarette Butts Thrown on the Ground Annually
- » Ursula von der Leyen: The European Union does not Want a Hard Brexit
- » China is the World's Largest Watermelon Producer
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement
- » Juncker Has Accepted the Resignation of the Secretary-General Martin Selmayr
- » Short Circuit Shuts Down Three Reactors of a Russian NPP