A Man has Caused Panic at the South Station in Brussels, no Injured People
BRUSSELS (AP) — A gun shot into the ground caused a brief panic at Brussels' busy Midi train station, setting off a major police operation and forcing two platforms to close Wednesday.
Brussels police said surveillance video showed one suspect shooting downward with a gun before fleeing the station. Some of the evening rush hour commuters rushed out after hearing the shot.
Ine Van Wymersch of the prosecutor's office said that police immediately arrived at the scene and closed off part of the building for further checks.
She said no one was injured and that authorities were searching for the suspect.
Police and security services are still a very visible presence in Belgium's main rail stations following the 2016 bomb attacks at the airport and subway system which killed 32 people.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Many Car Accidents in the Country for the Past 24 Hours - 1 Victim
- » San Francisco: Huge Fire in a Warehouse
- » Plane with 98 Passengers Crashed in Pakistan
- » Huge Fire in London Warehouse
- » Derailed Train in Bulgaria, Stara Zagora - Delayed Schedules and Spillage of Copper Concentrate
- » Explosion in a Chemical Plant Near Venice - Possible Spread of Chemicals