Agricultural statistics: EU Agrees on Improved Data Collection for Integrated Farm Statistics
On 8 May EU ambassadors confirmed an agreement reached on 11 April 2018 between the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council and European Parliament representatives on the modernisation and improvement of the European framework for collecting integrated farm statistics.
"Sound and comparable data are the basis for evidence-based policy making. With these improved rules we will have better farm-level statistics for the implementation and monitoring of the Common Agricultural Policy, without the additional burden from data collection."
Rumen Porodzanov, minister of agriculture, food and forestry of the Republic of Bulgaria and president of the Council
The new rules address the shortcomings identified in the evaluation of the European Agricultural Statistics System (EASS) by streamlining and updating the collection of farm-level statistics within a single framework, as well as by allowing for more flexibility for the rapid introduction of new data collections.
- » A Dog Caught Nearly 200 kg of Heroin at Kapitan Andreevo Border Checkpoint
- » The EU Grants BGN 111 Million to Replace Solid Fuel Stoves and Heaters in 21 Bulgarian Cities
- » Producers of the Famous Bulgarian Rose Protest Because of the Low Purchase Price
- » First Comments from Euroleaders at the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Virtual Reality – The future of European industry at WATIFY: Inspire to Transform
- » The best WATIFY Technological Transformation for 2018 is…