Minor Earthquake near Pirot, 50 km from Montana
An earthquake measuring 2.8 on the Richter scale was registered in the territory of Serbia, near the border with Bulgaria, bgnes reported.
The earthquake was felt at 7.43 am this morning with an epicenter 11 kilometers north of Pirot, 57 kilometers west of Montana and 87 kilometers northwest of Sofia, with a depth of 2 kilometers, the European Seismological Center said. There is no evidence of material damage.
- » India Warns of 'Extremely Grave' Crisis as Flood Toll Rises
- » Scientists Detail Full Genome of Wheat for First Time
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with some Rain and Thunder in West Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria will have Good Grape Harvest if Weather Remains Hot
- » Mostly Sunny with Nearly Unchanged Temperatures, Highs of 30-35°C
- » Brace for Extra-warm Weather through 2022