Because of the Warm Weather Thousands of Migrants Tried to Escape in Europe
In the last 48 hours, the Spanish authorities saved nearly 500 refugees from drowning.
The rescue operations have saved 476 migrants in the Mediterranean sea during the last 48 hours, BTA reported, quoting Associated Press.
Migrants sailed with 15 small boats from the African coast.
The favorable weather conditions in the Strait of Gibraltar seem to have led to the increase of migratory flows.
Every year, thousands of migrants try to reach Spain and other European countries in boats provided by traffickers.
Thousands of migrants are drowning annually because these vessels are not suitable for sailing in open waters.
- » The Guardian: Donald Trump’s Child Cruelty Shocks us, but it Shouldn’t Surprise us
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » Joint Statement by Commissioners Avramopoulos and King, the Ministers of Interior of the Western Balkans
- » V. Dombrovskis: Low Incomes are not an Obstacle to Bulgaria's Joining the Eurozone's "Waiting Room"
- » Kim Jong Un Visiting China
- » Bulgaria Takes Forward the Debate on the Future of the Common Agricultural Policy