Near Our Border with Turkey 37 Migrants Were Caught While They Were Trying to Cross It without Any Documents
The gendarmerie caught 37 undocumented migrants on Sunday, preparing to cross illegally the border, BTA reported.
The migrants planned to cross the Turkish-Bulgarian border in the Demirköy and Kochshaz area, the Anatolian agency said. They were taken to the Kirklereli County Migration Directorate.
At the same time, the Greek newspaper ''Kathimerini'' reported that 351 migrants without documents arrived on Lesbos and Chios Island on Sunday.
271 migrants arrived in Lesbos from Turkey with five separate boats, and another 80 reached the shores of Chios island, according to official data.
From May 1st, a total of over 1,000 migrants arrived in the eastern islands of the Aegean Sea and were sent to already overcrowded refugee centers.
- » The EU Allocates More than Half a Billion Euros for Defense Projects
- » US Secret Service will Train Bulgarian Teams
- » BOMB SIGNAL: Authorities Evacuated the Bus Station And the Train Station in Sofia
- » AFTER THE TERRORIST ATTACK IN NEW ZEALAND: Is There a Threat to Our National Security?
- » Bulgaria is Spending 1.43% of GDP on Defense
- » Bulgaria is Expected to Get the First Two F-16 Fighters Up to 4 Years