Near Our Border with Turkey 37 Migrants Were Caught While They Were Trying to Cross It without Any Documents
The gendarmerie caught 37 undocumented migrants on Sunday, preparing to cross illegally the border, BTA reported.
The migrants planned to cross the Turkish-Bulgarian border in the Demirköy and Kochshaz area, the Anatolian agency said. They were taken to the Kirklereli County Migration Directorate.
At the same time, the Greek newspaper ''Kathimerini'' reported that 351 migrants without documents arrived on Lesbos and Chios Island on Sunday.
271 migrants arrived in Lesbos from Turkey with five separate boats, and another 80 reached the shores of Chios island, according to official data.
From May 1st, a total of over 1,000 migrants arrived in the eastern islands of the Aegean Sea and were sent to already overcrowded refugee centers.
- » Bulgaria Expels 95 Foreigners on Security Grounds in 2018
- » The EU Reports a 3-4% Rise in Defense Spending Over the Past Two Years
- » Germany's Intelligence Warns of 'Islamic State' Attacks
- » Moscow Warns of the Deployment of US Nuclear Weapons in Europe
- » Erik Rubin: Bulgaria will Get the most Advanced Aircraft at the best Possible Price
- » Over 1000 Military and 58 War Machines at the Parade on 6 May in Sofia