200 Refugees Blocked a Highway in Greece
Yesterday about 200 refugees and migrants blocked the highway near Thessaloniki in northern Greece. They protested against the poor conditions in their camp, the Associated Press reported.
The protest last night continued an hour and ended after more police was sent there to handle the situation. The protest began after the tents in the camp had been flooded.
The camp near Thessaloniki is located on the place of a former barrack. It accommodates refugees and other migrants who live in steel containers. There are also tents which are shelters for the refugees who arrived this spring from Turkey. The flood complicated the already difficult conditions in the overcrowded camp.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Macron: Thank you Bulgaria, Congratulations North Macedonia
- » "This is your European Duty": Macron urges Bulgaria to Support the Veto Compromise on North Macedonia
- » Greece is Proposing 2033 as the Deadline for the Western Balkans to Join the EU
- » Borrell Disappointed with the ongoing Veto on North Macedonia
- » 49% of Bulgarians have a Positive View of the EU but with a Drop of 2 Points since the End of 2021
- » EU Commissioner: By Adopting the Euro Bulgarians will have their Voices Heard