Subway Closed Hundreds of Stores
Subway Restaurants, the largest restaurant chain in the US, has some serious problems. The Chief Executive Officer Susan Greco announced that she will leave the position.
In 2017, approximately 909 Subway stores closed doors - three times more than in the previous year. Another 500 stores are expected to be shuted down in 2018, said Business Insider.
The company has many franchises in the US (over 25,000), but only about a third of them are profitable. People think that Greco has failed to manage the rising chaos in recent years.
Susan Greco is the sister of Fred DeLuca, the co-founder of Subway. She has worked in the company since her teenage years.
Her position as CEO will be taken by Trevor Haines, the current head of Subway's business development. Greco will officially retire on June 30, after which she will be a senior advisor.
- » The EU Fined Google with 1.49 Billion Euros
- » Kazakhstan Renames their Capital after Ex-president
- » Greece Has Announced the Exact Route of the New Zealand Striker to the Country
- » EC: The Situation on the Balkan Refugee Route is Stable
- » EC: If Britain has not Left the EU by May, it has to Elect MEPs
- » Britain and the EU have Reached a Compromise on Brexit