Subway Closed Hundreds of Stores
Subway Restaurants, the largest restaurant chain in the US, has some serious problems. The Chief Executive Officer Susan Greco announced that she will leave the position.
In 2017, approximately 909 Subway stores closed doors - three times more than in the previous year. Another 500 stores are expected to be shuted down in 2018, said Business Insider.
The company has many franchises in the US (over 25,000), but only about a third of them are profitable. People think that Greco has failed to manage the rising chaos in recent years.
Susan Greco is the sister of Fred DeLuca, the co-founder of Subway. She has worked in the company since her teenage years.
Her position as CEO will be taken by Trevor Haines, the current head of Subway's business development. Greco will officially retire on June 30, after which she will be a senior advisor.
- » Turnout in Eastern Europe Has Increased in Comparison to the European Elections Five Years Ago
- » This Year China will Launch up to Eight New Satellites from the Beidou Navigation System
- » Once Again the British Parliament is Postponing the Vote for Brexit
- » FAA: It Is Still not Clear When the Boeing 737 Max Will Return to the Sky
- » Volcano in Mexico Has Erupted
- » Polls open in Netherlands and Britain for European Parliament Elections