Bulgaria is Building the Cheapest Highways in Europe
Bulgaria is building the cheapest highways in Europe, said Minister of Regional Development and Public Works Nikolay Nankov at a hearing in parliament. Nankov, however, specified that despite the low prices, the quality of highways in Bulgaria is good.
Prices of highways in Bulgaria are relatively lower than in Europe, explained Minister of Regional Development Nikolay Nankov. He noted that the average cost per kilometer of the motorway in Bulgaria since 2000 is 3.1 million euros, in Serbia - 5.5 million euros, in Romania - 6.3 million euros, and in Greece a little over 10 million. According to Nankov, however, the low price in our country is not at the expense of quality.
Minister Nankov also noted that it is completely realistic at the end of 2024 to have a fully completed Hemus highway.
- » Sofia's District Heating Company Says the Network is Ready for Winter
- » Sofia Hosts Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region
- » Old Car Tax Increase was Adopted at First Reading in Bulgarian Parliament
- » Bulgaria is the most Competitive Economy in the Balkans
- » The Bulgarian Government Approved the Draft Disability Act
- » NFSB will Seek the Resignation of Volen Siderov as Chair of United Patriots’ PG