Bulgaria is Building the Cheapest Highways in Europe
Bulgaria is building the cheapest highways in Europe, said Minister of Regional Development and Public Works Nikolay Nankov at a hearing in parliament. Nankov, however, specified that despite the low prices, the quality of highways in Bulgaria is good.
Prices of highways in Bulgaria are relatively lower than in Europe, explained Minister of Regional Development Nikolay Nankov. He noted that the average cost per kilometer of the motorway in Bulgaria since 2000 is 3.1 million euros, in Serbia - 5.5 million euros, in Romania - 6.3 million euros, and in Greece a little over 10 million. According to Nankov, however, the low price in our country is not at the expense of quality.
Minister Nankov also noted that it is completely realistic at the end of 2024 to have a fully completed Hemus highway.
- » Police Found 6 Tons of Amphetamine at a Port in Varna, Bulgarian Seaside
- » Large Tree Fell on a Car on a Busy Street in Plovdiv
- » Hail and Rain in Lovech, Firefighters Pull up Cars
- » Another 12 Hospitals in Bulgaria Are Facing Bankruptcy, Ombudsman Maya Manolova Said
- » Counter Campaign: Publishing House Asks if we Value Gambling more than Culture (Video)
- » On 24 May Balchik Opens a Monument to Cyril and Methodius