500 Albanian Policemen Left Work, Scared of Financial Scrutiny
500 Albanian policemen have refused to check on whether they are corrupt and have left the country's law enforcement system, according to a news release from the Albanian Interior Ministry.
"A week before the deadline for submission of documents by all police officers, 500 of them left work voluntarily. About 8,000 or 60% of police officers have already filed the required forms, "the agency said. The documents must detail the financial situation of law enforcement officers. Besides police officers, such a document must be filed by judges and prosecutors.
Albanian Interior Minister Fatmir Jaferi said the police have no room for people who are corrupt or part of organized crime. "We can not catch a big criminal if the police are not clean," he added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir