Varna Bridge "Rhodope" is in a Poor Condition
The condition of the Rhodope Bridge, connecting Varna with the island area, is very bad. The potholes are huge and the metal rails have corroded, correspondent of BGNES in Varna reported.
Every day there are grains, cistern trucks, trains, loads of cars, and soon there could be a serious incident. The creation of a new economic and business area on the island of Varna will lead to serious traffic from cars and trucks in the area. It will, however, prove to be overwhelming for the only current road link with the so-called Southern Industrial Zone. The Iron Bridge, which will soon become a 100 years old, is in a desperate state and urgently needs to be repaired.
That is why urban authorities are considering options for alternatives. The idea is to build a facility that is higher than the old iron bridge and lower than Asparuhovo. The second option is to undertake a major overhaul of the railway bridge.
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor
- » The SJC Submits to the President Today its Decision to Appoint a New Attorney General