Varna Bridge "Rhodope" is in a Poor Condition
The condition of the Rhodope Bridge, connecting Varna with the island area, is very bad. The potholes are huge and the metal rails have corroded, correspondent of BGNES in Varna reported.
Every day there are grains, cistern trucks, trains, loads of cars, and soon there could be a serious incident. The creation of a new economic and business area on the island of Varna will lead to serious traffic from cars and trucks in the area. It will, however, prove to be overwhelming for the only current road link with the so-called Southern Industrial Zone. The Iron Bridge, which will soon become a 100 years old, is in a desperate state and urgently needs to be repaired.
That is why urban authorities are considering options for alternatives. The idea is to build a facility that is higher than the old iron bridge and lower than Asparuhovo. The second option is to undertake a major overhaul of the railway bridge.
- » Bulgarian Security Agency will have Access to Student Data to Monitor Radicalization
- » Distribution of Over BGN 620 Thousand Worth of Pensions in Bulgaria is Temporarily Suspended
- » Warning of Dangerous Undercurrents Along the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Traffic on Struma Motorway Expected to be Allowed Partially from Friday
- » Bulgarian PM: Government is Implementing Consistent Policy to Build and Renovate Sports Facilities Across the Country
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescuers: Injured Tourist near Malyovitsa Peak is Safe