Varna Bridge "Rhodope" is in a Poor Condition
The condition of the Rhodope Bridge, connecting Varna with the island area, is very bad. The potholes are huge and the metal rails have corroded, correspondent of BGNES in Varna reported.
Every day there are grains, cistern trucks, trains, loads of cars, and soon there could be a serious incident. The creation of a new economic and business area on the island of Varna will lead to serious traffic from cars and trucks in the area. It will, however, prove to be overwhelming for the only current road link with the so-called Southern Industrial Zone. The Iron Bridge, which will soon become a 100 years old, is in a desperate state and urgently needs to be repaired.
That is why urban authorities are considering options for alternatives. The idea is to build a facility that is higher than the old iron bridge and lower than Asparuhovo. The second option is to undertake a major overhaul of the railway bridge.
- » Bulgaria's Unemployment Rate For Q4 is 4.7%
- » Eurobarometer: Bulgarians Remain Optimistic About the Future of Europe
- » Prisons and Court Guards in Bulgaria Received Funding for 200 New Employees
- » Bulgaria Temporarily Suspends the Construction of the Gas Connection with Serbia
- » Bulgarian Ombudsman Organizes Free Medical Examinations For Socially Disadvantaged People
- » MPs Are Finally Voting on the Changes to the Electoral Code Today