Police Action Against the ISIS Propaganda Sites “Has Had No Visible Impact”
Europol has said the ISIS propaganda machine has been dealt a major blow thanks to an international police operation launched on Wednesday, The Brussels Times reports.
However, historian Pieter Van Ostaeyen, an expert in the Arab world and ISIS, says this is “a slightly exaggeration” and there hasn’t been any impact.
“This operation doesn’t seem to have had any effect. There has been no disruption to Amaq, the ISIS communication channel, since Wednesday. On the contrary, ISIS is still very active via telegram. I can still access all the usual channels”, Mr Van Ostaeyen told the Belga Agency on Friday.
This is the first time Europol has spoken about an operation against ISIS propaganda channels. Europol claimed the operation had affected ISIS’s capacity to broadcast terrorist propaganda.
Pieter Van Ostaeyen cannot see what was actually achieved. “I don’t know what Europol are trying to do, but I’ve personally seen no impact”.
- » New Blast in the Capital of Sri Lanka
- » Аnother Explosion Near the Largest City in Sri Lanka (Update)
- » Series of Attacks in Churches and Hotels in Sri Lanka over Easter, the Victims are over 100
- » Catholics and Armenians Цelebrate the Resurrection of Christ
- » Mogherini: In June, North Macedonia and Albania will Start Negotiations with the EU
- » Scientists have Discovered the Earliest Molecule in the Universe