The PM and Chief Prosecutor Met with the Bulgarians, for whom the United States is Seeking Extradition
Prime Minister Boyko Borissov, Justice Minister Tsetska Tsacheva and Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov held a meeting with Zhelyaz Andreev and the other four Bulgarians for whom the United States is seeking extradition. This was reported by the press office of the Cabinet.
They have acquainted them with the actions of the Bulgarian institutions for the protection of their rights, and Prime Minister Borisov has informed them that he will propose to the Council of Ministers a decision that the state should bear the financial costs of a possible lawsuit in the United States.
During the talks, Borisov, Tsacheva and Tsatsarov stressed that Bulgaria does not question the extradition treaty with the United States, but the rights of Bulgarian citizens will be defended.
In the words of the Prosecutor General, the analysis shows that there are no preconditions for extradition. He pointed out that the basic condition for doing so, namely the existence of double criminality, was not met.
Borisov stressed that consultations between the Bulgarian institutions and the US authorities on the case are ongoing. He said that during his meeting with Ambassador Erik Rubin he stressed that the state would engage with the rights of Bulgarian citizens. Borisov assured the young people that Ambassador Rubin and the partners involved in the consultations are also understanding and constructively addressing the problem.
"We want to thank for this meeting. We feel much more relaxed after the events that have taken place in the last 24 hours. We believe that this case will be cleared soon and justice will triumph, "Zhelyaz Andreev said after the meeting.
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire
- » The Lyulin Highway Closes for Repair