Another Smolyan Village Completely Deserted
The Smolyan village of Milkovo is now without any inhabitants, according to data from the Territorial Statistical Bureau (RSB). The village has been depopulated since the last inhabitant of the village has left it.
With it the depopulated villages in the area become eight in total. These are Little Krushevo, Vodni Pad, Kokortsi, Bablon, Slivovo, Chamla and Dryanovets. In 88 villages in Smolyan, the population is below 50 people.
The statistical summaries indicate that last year the negative demographic trends in the mountainous region deepened. The population in the region has decreased by 2143 people, reaching 107 282 inhabitants.
The inhabitants of the Smolyan region are declining according to statistics, both as a result of falling birth rates and increased mortality, as well as due to migration processes.
And in 2017, the process of population aging in the region continues, according to RSB.
The population over the age of 65 in the area is 23% of all, with the relative share of seniors rising by 7.1% over the past 10 years. Natural growth last year has reached minus 9.5 percent.
A total of 746 babies were born in the region last year. The relative share of children born without marriage increases - 68% of newborns. The highest share of non-married infants is in the municipality of Madan - 86.7%
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend