The Cabinet Provides up to BGN 26 Million to Repair the MiGs Guarding Bulgarian Airspace
The government will give the Ministry of Defense up to BGN 26 million to repair the MiG-29 aircraft. The decision was taken today at the Cabinet meeting, the press service of the Council of Ministers announced.
The funds are provided in the central budget for payments under contracts under the framework agreement with the RAC MiG. The reason is stated that the conclusion of contracts to create the necessary conditions for the Air Force to maintain and develop the ability to control aviation and ensuring air sovereignty of the country and incorporated in the collective defense of NATO and the Common Security and Defense Policy of the European Union.
Recently, Defense Minister Karakacanov announced that the contract with RAC MiG for the next four years, repairs will be made in Bulgaria, with parts bought from Russia. The ambition is to fly all 15 Bulgarian multi-purpose fighters MiG-29 in the next seven years.
The execution of the entire contract will cost 81 million leva, so the amount allocated is only for the first year of it.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Turkey Declared 20 km Border near Bulgaria for a Prohibited Military Zone
- » Law Changes in Bulgaria: 3 Years of Imprisonment , Fine to 10,000 BGN for Anyone Who Violates Rules against COVID-19
- » Minister Karakachanov: The United States has Given Bulgaria $87 Million for Military Equipment
- » Expert: The NRA Data Leak Have Attracted the Attention of Hackers from around the World
- » There is No Migration Pressure Along Our Borders with Turkey and Greece
- » Opinion: Turkish Operation in Syria