The Cabinet Provides up to BGN 26 Million to Repair the MiGs Guarding Bulgarian Airspace
The government will give the Ministry of Defense up to BGN 26 million to repair the MiG-29 aircraft. The decision was taken today at the Cabinet meeting, the press service of the Council of Ministers announced.
The funds are provided in the central budget for payments under contracts under the framework agreement with the RAC MiG. The reason is stated that the conclusion of contracts to create the necessary conditions for the Air Force to maintain and develop the ability to control aviation and ensuring air sovereignty of the country and incorporated in the collective defense of NATO and the Common Security and Defense Policy of the European Union.
Recently, Defense Minister Karakacanov announced that the contract with RAC MiG for the next four years, repairs will be made in Bulgaria, with parts bought from Russia. The ambition is to fly all 15 Bulgarian multi-purpose fighters MiG-29 in the next seven years.
The execution of the entire contract will cost 81 million leva, so the amount allocated is only for the first year of it.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Army has Increased the Intelligence and Surveillance in the Eastern Part of Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Partial State of Emergency Declared due to Migrant Pressure
- » Defense Minister: There is a Risk to Bulgaria's Security but No Direct Threat after Putin declared Mobilization
- » Bulgaria: 12 Arrested after a Bust on Migrant Trafficking Ring – May be Connected to the Tragedy in Burgas
- » Bulgaria: 10 Illegal Migrants from Syria Detained after a Chase in Burgas – 37 More near Vratsa
- » 25 Illegal Migrants from Morocco were Detained in Bulgaria